HomeHome  SearchSearch  Truth Zone SiteTruth Zone Site  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
 
 

 
Share | 
 
 

 what did I miss over at Ickes?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next 
AuthorMessage
 Thu 05 Apr 2012, 12:59 pm
 
 
candlelight2012
Rookie

avatar

Posts : 78
Join date : 2012-03-30
Location : Edinburgh


 Post Subject: what did I miss over at Ickes?

I've just had a wee look at the no nasties forum and someone was banned?

I'm confused what happened, what did I miss?

Yes I'm nosey but also a bit confused how a social group set up to get away from moderation and bitching can then within 2 weeks start demonstrating the very traits they said were wrong and trying to get away from.

Just wondering if anyone could enlighten me?


_________________
Hats off to Harry Nilsson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
 Thu 05 Apr 2012, 1:27 pm
 
 
diamondgeezer
Administrator

avatar

Posts : 492
Join date : 2012-03-21


 Post Subject: Re: what did I miss over at Ickes?

I certainly could, but its probably best if I leave it for the person on the receiving end of it all to explain in full if they choose to do so.

As for the no nasties group itself tho, well I was straight out of there as soon as it obviously started to turn into what it was supposed to be getting away from as you say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
 Thu 05 Apr 2012, 1:37 pm
 
 
ab origine
Member

avatar

Posts : 614
Join date : 2012-03-21


 Post Subject: Re: what did I miss over at Ickes?

What's the no nasties group? I have not been there in a while.

_________________
"What would you be like if there was nobody else in the world? Who would you be if the only opinion that mattered was yours? Because, if you want to be truly happy you must be that person".

Quentin Crisp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
 Thu 05 Apr 2012, 1:45 pm
 
 
diamondgeezer
Administrator

avatar

Posts : 492
Join date : 2012-03-21


 Post Subject: Re: what did I miss over at Ickes?

ab origine wrote:
What's the no nasties group? I have not been there in a while.

Its a social group, click on 'community' then social groups & you'll see it.

You don't even need to log in to look
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
 Thu 05 Apr 2012, 2:01 pm
 
 
ab origine
Member

avatar

Posts : 614
Join date : 2012-03-21


 Post Subject: Re: what did I miss over at Ickes?

diamondgeezer wrote:
ab origine wrote:
What's the no nasties group? I have not been there in a while.

Its a social group, click on 'community' then social groups & you'll see it.

You don't even need to log in to look

Just had a gander - it's quite sweet really.

Why isn't wub over here yet?

_________________
"What would you be like if there was nobody else in the world? Who would you be if the only opinion that mattered was yours? Because, if you want to be truly happy you must be that person".

Quentin Crisp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
 Thu 05 Apr 2012, 2:39 pm
 
 
irrepressible
Member



Posts : 613
Join date : 2012-03-19


 Post Subject: Re: what did I miss over at Ickes?

I've left the no nasties as well, wasn't quite as nice a place as I thought. I said that in a post before I left but it got deleted
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
 Thu 05 Apr 2012, 2:52 pm
 
 
ab origine
Member

avatar

Posts : 614
Join date : 2012-03-21


 Post Subject: Re: what did I miss over at Ickes?

irrepressible wrote:
I've left the no nasties as well, wasn't quite as nice a place as I thought. I said that in a post before I left but it got deleted

I hear that a lot lately. There's a reason it's also known as "the triangle" over there.

Apparently, it's even started to effect forum members accounts!

_________________
"What would you be like if there was nobody else in the world? Who would you be if the only opinion that mattered was yours? Because, if you want to be truly happy you must be that person".

Quentin Crisp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
 Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:00 pm
 
 
candlelight2012
Rookie

avatar

Posts : 78
Join date : 2012-03-30
Location : Edinburgh


 Post Subject: Re: what did I miss over at Ickes?

well I'm not going back to no nasties ....I don't like what it was doing

I detest people thinking they have power .


'who would you like to invite' started off ok but you could see the 'I'm in charge, I'll decide creeping through'

Then the banning ?



The person should just ask to be a moderator on the forum , they'd fit right in

_________________
Hats off to Harry Nilsson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
 Thu 05 Apr 2012, 4:32 pm
 
 
psketti
Senior Member

avatar

Posts : 1273
Join date : 2012-03-17


 Post Subject: Re: what did I miss over at Ickes?

candlelight2012 wrote:



The person should just ask to be a moderator on the forum , they'd fit right in

I'll second that.

Cheers for putting my name forward btw ... need to thank wakeupbomb too... though I'd never have gotten the invite Suspect

Me and the founder of the group don't see eye to eye so to speak so I wouldn't have joined anyway. She's not my type.

_________________
Don't think, just let it flow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
 Thu 05 Apr 2012, 4:57 pm
 
 
ab origine
Member

avatar

Posts : 614
Join date : 2012-03-21


 Post Subject: Re: what did I miss over at Ickes?

I never got an invite. Is it cos I is a biatch?


_________________
"What would you be like if there was nobody else in the world? Who would you be if the only opinion that mattered was yours? Because, if you want to be truly happy you must be that person".

Quentin Crisp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
 Thu 05 Apr 2012, 5:19 pm
 
 
psketti
Senior Member

avatar

Posts : 1273
Join date : 2012-03-17


 Post Subject: Re: what did I miss over at Ickes?

ab origine wrote:
I never got an invite. Is it cos I is a biatch?


Awwww


Now grow some

_________________
Don't think, just let it flow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
 Fri 06 Apr 2012, 4:38 am
 
 
Guest
Guest





 Post Subject: Re: what did I miss over at Ickes?

ab origine wrote:
I never got an invite. Is it cos I is a biatch?


No...It started after you 'bailed out'!

Jane
Back to top Go down
 
 Fri 06 Apr 2012, 8:18 am
 
 
ab origine
Member

avatar

Posts : 614
Join date : 2012-03-21


 Post Subject: Re: what did I miss over at Ickes?

angelchemuel wrote:
ab origine wrote:
I never got an invite. Is it cos I is a biatch?


No...It started after you 'bailed out'!

Jane


_________________
"What would you be like if there was nobody else in the world? Who would you be if the only opinion that mattered was yours? Because, if you want to be truly happy you must be that person".

Quentin Crisp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
 Fri 06 Apr 2012, 3:39 pm
 
 
Guest
Guest





 Post Subject: Re: what did I miss over at Ickes?

ab origine wrote:
irrepressible wrote:
I've left the no nasties as well, wasn't quite as nice a place as I thought. I said that in a post before I left but it got deleted

I hear that a lot lately. There's a reason it's also known as "the triangle" over there.

Apparently, it's even started to effect forum members accounts!



OK...what's "the Triangle"? I know the Bermuda one!

and forum members accounts?...do tell...Very Happy . I don't do gossip...but this is first hand from you...so spill!

Jane
Back to top Go down
 
 Fri 06 Apr 2012, 4:40 pm
 
 
batou
Junior Member

avatar

Posts : 352
Join date : 2012-03-22


 Post Subject: Re: what did I miss over at Ickes?

i never got invited to a no nasty group either.
does that make me nasty??

_________________


pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
 Fri 06 Apr 2012, 5:26 pm
 
 
psketti
Senior Member

avatar

Posts : 1273
Join date : 2012-03-17


 Post Subject: Re: what did I miss over at Ickes?

batou wrote:
i never got invited to a no nasty group either.
does that make me nasty??

There's two answers to that geek

Answer 1 - yes, you're a complete cunt, nobody likes you just as nobody likes me which is why I've saved you a seat

Answer 2 - you got an invite to here didn't you

The answer ... YOU decide

_________________
Don't think, just let it flow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
 Fri 06 Apr 2012, 8:26 pm
 
 
batou
Junior Member

avatar

Posts : 352
Join date : 2012-03-22


 Post Subject: Re: what did I miss over at Ickes?

i'll take em both pirat

_________________


pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
 Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:32 am
 
 
psketti
Senior Member

avatar

Posts : 1273
Join date : 2012-03-17


 Post Subject: Re: what did I miss over at Ickes?

batou wrote:
i'll take em both pirat

Good man

_________________
Don't think, just let it flow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
 Sat 07 Apr 2012, 5:29 am
 
 
ab origine
Member

avatar

Posts : 614
Join date : 2012-03-21


 Post Subject: Re: what did I miss over at Ickes?

angelchemuel wrote:
ab origine wrote:
irrepressible wrote:
I've left the no nasties as well, wasn't quite as nice a place as I thought. I said that in a post before I left but it got deleted

I hear that a lot lately. There's a reason it's also known as "the triangle" over there.

Apparently, it's even started to effect forum members accounts!



OK...what's "the Triangle"? I know the Bermuda one!

and forum members accounts?...do tell...Very Happy . I don't do gossip...but this is first hand from you...so spill!

Jane

Yes - I was inferring a similarity to the 'Bermuda' one.

Forum members accounts - I just meant that good folks like you seem to be popping off for no apparent reason, along with some of your pms and shit.


_________________
"What would you be like if there was nobody else in the world? Who would you be if the only opinion that mattered was yours? Because, if you want to be truly happy you must be that person".

Quentin Crisp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
 Wed 11 Apr 2012, 11:02 am
 
 
peabrain
Junior Member

avatar

Posts : 161
Join date : 2012-03-31


 Post Subject: Re: what did I miss over at Ickes?

nettles wrote:
candlelight2012 wrote:



The person should just ask to be a moderator on the forum , they'd fit right in

I'll second that.

Cheers for putting my name forward btw ... need to thank wakeupbomb too... though I'd never have gotten the invite Suspect

Me and the founder of the group don't see eye to eye so to speak so I wouldn't have joined anyway. She's not my type.

I'm less keen on here as time goes by, she seems like a bit of an opinionated closed minded person.

She has her own agenda, wants to be 'someone' and hell mend anyone else who doesn't agree with her Twisted Evil

Did you know another member of no nasties has offered to pay for her internet connection for a year after she started a whiny thread about all her problems and why she was leaving the internet Shocked

Some folk seem to get all the luck, what did she have to do to get this favour?
Maybe i'm just being cynical and good guys do exist...but internet connection for whole year!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
 Wed 11 Apr 2012, 11:45 am
 
 
psketti
Senior Member

avatar

Posts : 1273
Join date : 2012-03-17


 Post Subject: Re: what did I miss over at Ickes?

peabrain wrote:
nettles wrote:
candlelight2012 wrote:



The person should just ask to be a moderator on the forum , they'd fit right in

I'll second that.

Cheers for putting my name forward btw ... need to thank wakeupbomb too... though I'd never have gotten the invite Suspect

Me and the founder of the group don't see eye to eye so to speak so I wouldn't have joined anyway. She's not my type.

I'm less keen on here as time goes by, she seems like a bit of an opinionated closed minded person.

She has her own agenda, wants to be 'someone' and hell mend anyone else who doesn't agree with her Twisted Evil

Did you know another member of no nasties has offered to pay for her internet connection for a year after she started a whiny thread about all her problems and why she was leaving the internet Shocked

Some folk seem to get all the luck, what did she have to do to get this favour?
Maybe i'm just being cynical and good guys do exist...but internet connection for whole year!

Yeah I saw that ... apparently, her presence on the forum was a small price to pay ... or something to that effect

I clashed with her on that really mental thread where one member confessed to having feelings towards young boys and went on to justify this because he hadnt acted on it! The amount of posters who symapthised with the cunt was nothing short of jaw dropping. I was mortified.
This sick fuck had 'balls' for being able to speak out and share this with the forum, apparently Personally, I would've fed him his balls through a straw

Catsmeow was one of the sympathisers and even had a go at me for tearing him a new one... so as far as I'm concerned, she can fuck off. Along with all the others that shared her view.

The whole thread was an eyeopener if nothing else.

_________________
Don't think, just let it flow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
 Wed 11 Apr 2012, 12:02 pm
 
 
peabrain
Junior Member

avatar

Posts : 161
Join date : 2012-03-31


 Post Subject: Re: what did I miss over at Ickes?

nettles wrote:
peabrain wrote:
nettles wrote:
candlelight2012 wrote:



The person should just ask to be a moderator on the forum , they'd fit right in

I'll second that.

Cheers for putting my name forward btw ... need to thank wakeupbomb too... though I'd never have gotten the invite Suspect

Me and the founder of the group don't see eye to eye so to speak so I wouldn't have joined anyway. She's not my type.

I'm less keen on here as time goes by, she seems like a bit of an opinionated closed minded person.

She has her own agenda, wants to be 'someone' and hell mend anyone else who doesn't agree with her Twisted Evil

Did you know another member of no nasties has offered to pay for her internet connection for a year after she started a whiny thread about all her problems and why she was leaving the internet Shocked

Some folk seem to get all the luck, what did she have to do to get this favour?
Maybe i'm just being cynical and good guys do exist...but internet connection for whole year!

Yeah I saw that ... apparently, her presence on the forum was a small price to pay ... or something to that effect

I clashed with her on that really mental thread where one member confessed to having feelings towards young boys and went on to justify this because he hadnt acted on it! The amount of posters who symapthised with the cunt was nothing short of jaw dropping. I was mortified.
This sick fuck had 'balls' for being able to speak out and share this with the forum, apparently Personally, I would've fed him his balls through a straw

Catsmeow was one of the sympathisers and even had a go at me for tearing him a new one... so as far as I'm concerned, she can fuck off. Along with all the others that shared her view.

The whole thread was an eyeopener if nothing else.


There was something not quite right about that thread.Apart from the obvious shock of the subject matter I get the feeling it was a total set up and someone was shit stirring with a view to causing outrage and for a personal twisted form of voyurism.

I don't know if you read much of the Stepfords thread but my bf happened to glance at it and says it was like perverts putting pictures of wee lassies up to well Embarassed you know.Surely not, it's all 'research' I think Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
 Wed 11 Apr 2012, 12:10 pm
 
 
novum
Junior Member

avatar

Posts : 464
Join date : 2012-03-18
Location : In The Zone


 Post Subject: Re: what did I miss over at Ickes?

peabrain wrote:
There was something not quite right about that thread.Apart from the obvious shock of the subject matter I get the feeling it was a total set up and someone was shit stirring with a view to causing outrage and for a personal twisted form of voyurism.

I don't know if you read much of the Stepfords thread but my bf happened to glance at it and says it was like perverts putting pictures of wee lassies up to well Embarassed you know.Surely not, it's all 'research' I think Rolling Eyes

this happens alot peabrain (geez i feel wierd calling you that )

anyway, i posted in a thread about refrigerant gas on there, which i feel is a legitimate issue re Dupont / establishment monopoly, and once i gave the OP some validation he steered the ship elsewhere...

http://forum.davidicke.com/showpost.php?p=1060752910&postcount=12

its not so far fetched imo that there are provocateurs on there trolling for responses in order to tar everyone with the same brush and therefore discredit legitimate information or issues in the process.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
 Wed 11 Apr 2012, 12:18 pm
 
 
psketti
Senior Member

avatar

Posts : 1273
Join date : 2012-03-17


 Post Subject: Re: what did I miss over at Ickes?

peabrain wrote:



There was something not quite right about that thread.Apart from the obvious shock of the subject matter I get the feeling it was a total set up and someone was shit stirring with a view to causing outrage and for a personal twisted form of voyurism.

much as I'd like to agree with that pea, gotta say I don't sadly. I went and browsed his posting history... from what I gathered, he's the real deal with more issues than just his sexual tendancys. I personally think he's someones shitstorm waiting to happen. Bad news.

_________________
Don't think, just let it flow


Last edited by nettles on Wed 11 Apr 2012, 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
 Wed 11 Apr 2012, 12:21 pm
 
 
irrepressible
Member



Posts : 613
Join date : 2012-03-19


 Post Subject: Re: what did I miss over at Ickes?

I didn't see that thread. Thankfully, by the sound of things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
 
 
 
Sponsored content






 Post Subject: Re: what did I miss over at Ickes?

Back to top Go down
 
 

what did I miss over at Ickes?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

 Similar topics

-
» MCCANNS WILL MISS COP’S TRIAL/Daily Star
» Miss USA 2015
» United Nations medal
» Celebrity Sightings
» Fake food being sold

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Main Forums :: General-