HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Truth Zone SiteTruth Zone Site  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

'Useless' media?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
 'Useless' media? EmptyWed 25 Apr 2012, 6:20 am

HollowII

HollowII

Location : in the bog-bottom of the very bum-tube of ee cessjophy

'Useless' media? Empty
 Post Subject: 'Useless' media?

I know we are basically drawing our inspiration from a certain other site but I'll bet intelligence levels are slightly higher here...

I think we could cope with just 'media' without throwing our toys out of the pram, don't you?
Back to top Go down

'Useless' media? EmptyWed 25 Apr 2012, 6:40 am

psketti

psketti

'Useless' media? Empty
 Post Subject: Re: 'Useless' media?

HollowII wrote:

I know we are basically drawing our inspiration from a certain other site but I'll bet intelligence levels are slightly higher here...

Why, that's very nice of you say...

Quote :

I think we could cope with just 'media' without throwing our toys out of the pram, don't you?

But wft? 'Useless' media? 1780324424

so much for the intelligence levels eh
Back to top Go down

'Useless' media? EmptyWed 25 Apr 2012, 3:46 pm

quietgirl

quietgirl

'Useless' media? Empty

IMHO, media isn't "useless" in and of itself - the technology itself is morally neutral. It has the potential to be either an exercise in brain-washing or extremely useful and informative. It becomes "good" or "bad" depending on how it's used - and we will probably all differ on that! For example, I enjoy watching medical dramas such as Doctors and Holby City ('Useless' media? 4200685455). Many people would regard that as "useless" programming, and they may well have a point, but they entertain me and aren't illegal, so I shall continue to enjoy them! On the other hand, soaps and reality TV leave me cold (I can't think of a more pointless show than big Brother, for example), but many viewers would beg to differ.

Mandy
Back to top Go down

'Useless' media? EmptyWed 25 Apr 2012, 5:10 pm

HollowII

HollowII

Location : in the bog-bottom of the very bum-tube of ee cessjophy

'Useless' media? Empty

quietgirl wrote:
IMHO, media isn't "useless" in and of itself - the technology itself is morally neutral. It has the potential to be either an exercise in brain-washing or extremely useful and informative. It becomes "good" or "bad" depending on how it's used - and we will probably all differ on that! For example, I enjoy watching medical dramas such as Doctors and Holby City ('Useless' media? 4200685455). Many people would regard that as "useless" programming, and they may well have a point, but they entertain me and aren't illegal, so I shall continue to enjoy them! On the other hand, soaps and reality TV leave me cold (I can't think of a more pointless show than big Brother, for example), but many viewers would beg to differ.

Mandy
The thing is you can see why it's like that on there, you can bet at one point, it was just called 'media' but then someone obviously overawed with their own insight made them change it...*stupid voice* 'Oh but the media...the media are bad it's like total programming, total illusion, left brain blah blah blah'

Like they just couldn't live with having a forum which was merely anti-media, they had to have a forum that made that explicit in it's title...In case anyone thought they were for the media, they can point at their little sign and say 'no, it's bad'....A little bit pointless?
Back to top Go down

'Useless' media? EmptyThu 26 Apr 2012, 3:13 pm

novum

novum

'Useless' media? Empty

HollowII wrote:

You are correct and seems like you have read my mind iconlol

Because on the new site build i have eliminated the word 'useless' and that is not because i saw this.

Anyway i may as well change this one also.

Thanks for the feedback, im glad i wasnt the only one that didnt like it.

Last edited by novum on Thu 26 Apr 2012, 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

'Useless' media? EmptyThu 26 Apr 2012, 3:17 pm

quietgirl

quietgirl

'Useless' media? Empty

It seems strange for the DIF to label all media as "useless" when it is itself reliant on er, the media! 'Useless' media? 1780324424

Mandy
Back to top Go down

'Useless' media? EmptyThu 26 Apr 2012, 3:24 pm

novum

novum

'Useless' media? Empty

quietgirl wrote:
It seems strange for the DIF to label all media as "useless" when it is itself reliant on er, the media! 'Useless' media? 1780324424

Mandy

To them it is useless if it isnt about DI ! 'Useless' media? 1780324424

Cool
Back to top Go down

'Useless' media? EmptyFri 27 Apr 2012, 12:13 am

dubmeup

dubmeup

'Useless' media? Empty

quietgirl wrote:

Mandy

A bit like claiming to be a free speech site whilst um, ah............
Back to top Go down

'Useless' media? Empty

Sponsored content

'Useless' media? Empty

Back to top Go down

'Useless' media?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Main Forums :: Media / Celebrities / Entertainment Industry-