HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Truth Zone SiteTruth Zone Site  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Notifications

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
 Notifications EmptyMon 26 Mar 2012, 2:38 am

Neutrino

Neutrino

Notifications Empty
 Post Subject: Notifications

Hi.

I've turned off all e-mail notifications but unfortunately when I've posted on a topic it seems to automatically change to say im watching that topic and as a result when someone posts I get an e-mail telling me theres a response. I've looked at my preferences again and there doesn't seem to be any option to stop it from happening.

So how can I stop it?
Back to top Go down

Notifications EmptyMon 26 Mar 2012, 6:12 am

novum

novum

Notifications Empty
 Post Subject: Re: Notifications

Neutrino wrote:

Hi.

I've turned off all e-mail notifications but unfortunately when I've posted on a topic it seems to automatically change to say im watching that topic and as a result when someone posts I get an e-mail telling me theres a response. I've looked at my preferences again and there doesn't seem to be any option to stop it from happening.

So how can I stop it?

Hi Neutrino,

I am aware of this too and brought it up with another user.

Yes it is a pain and i wanted to turn off email notification also.

I have Admin access and looked all over the settings, again and again to find how to turn it off, there doesnt appear to be a way to turn it off in there unfortunately.

But leave it with me, i will check out the help forums tomorrow and post a question if i cant find an answer, and ask if im missing a trick.

regards

Notifications 3936495082
Back to top Go down

Notifications EmptyMon 26 Mar 2012, 6:26 am

Smoked

Smoked

Notifications Empty

You could take a look at this post over on the phpBB forum > Notifications Board watch < there maybe a clue in there. Board Watch is a mod you will also need to make sure the version is relevant.

Back to top Go down

Notifications EmptyMon 26 Mar 2012, 6:34 am

novum

novum

Notifications Empty

Smoked wrote:
You could take a look at this post over on the phpBB forum

Notifications Board watch

there maybe a clue in there. Board Watch is a mod you will also need to make sure the version is relevant.

cheers bud ill have a look tomorrow.

bigears
Back to top Go down

Notifications EmptyMon 26 Mar 2012, 6:36 am

Smoked

Smoked

Notifications Empty

Have you both actually disabled the feature in your profiles? If you have topics set to be watched that could also be a cause.

Notifications Phpbbnotifications

Last edited by Smoked on Mon 26 Mar 2012, 6:46 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : updated image)
Back to top Go down

Notifications EmptyMon 26 Mar 2012, 6:47 am

novum

novum

Notifications Empty

Smoked wrote:
Have you both actually disabled the feature in your profiles? If you have topics set to be watched that could also be an cause.

Yeah i have...

I was referring to watched topics. There should be a way to stop email notifications for them also, but i cant see it.

https://squire.forumotion.co.uk/profile?mode=editprofile&page_profil=preferences

Admin access fares no better, it only has the same options available as normal users in that department. Notifications 2560176788

Its a bit late here now, im not entirely with it right now Notifications 1623406194

But if we can turn off notifications for watched topics it would be good.

I dont yet know why Neutrinos account is watching topics by itself either just by replying to the topic.
Back to top Go down

Notifications EmptyMon 26 Mar 2012, 7:01 am

Smoked

Smoked

Notifications Empty

Quote :

https://squire.forumotion.co.uk/profile?mode=editprofile&page_profil=preferences

Admin access fares no better, it only has the same options available as normal users in that department. Notifications 2560176788

Its a bit late here now, im not entirely with it right now Notifications 1623406194

But if we can turn off notifications for watched topics it would be good.

I dont yet know why Neutrinos account is watching topics by itself either just by replying to the topic.

I think you need to add the Board Watch mod to change the default behaviour try checking this out > Board Watch < when your awake that is. Notifications 122837455
Back to top Go down

Notifications EmptyMon 26 Mar 2012, 7:05 am

novum

novum

Notifications Empty

Smoked wrote:

I think you need to add the Board Watch mod to change the default behaviour try checking this out Board Watch
when your awake that is. Notifications 122837455

thanks, ill take a look when i can Notifications 3936495082

i just checked Neutrinos settings in Admin, and the reply to topic notifications are definitely off just like he said also.
Back to top Go down

Notifications EmptyMon 26 Mar 2012, 11:28 am

Neutrino

Neutrino

Notifications Empty

novum wrote:
Neutrino wrote:

Hi.

So how can I stop it?

Hi Neutrino,

I am aware of this too and brought it up with another user.

Yes it is a pain and i wanted to turn off email notification also.

I have Admin access and looked all over the settings, again and again to find how to turn it off, there doesnt appear to be a way to turn it off in there unfortunately.

But leave it with me, i will check out the help forums tomorrow and post a question if i cant find an answer, and ask if im missing a trick.

regards

Notifications 3936495082

okydoky, thankya muchly. Notifications 3203236809 Notifications 1133833840
Back to top Go down

Notifications EmptyMon 26 Mar 2012, 3:53 pm

Admin
Administrator

Notifications Empty

Neutrino wrote:

okydoky, thankya muchly. Notifications 3203236809 Notifications 1133833840

hello again,

its novum again (wearing the admin hat right now)

ok, these BBboards dont have an option to turn off email notifications for watched topics.

and because its a free forum i dont have access to all the code in the server to turn it off.

i only have limited access as Admin to settings and some areas of code.

So first of all, we need to not have any topics watched.

But as for your problem, i specifically read this may happen if you dont clear your cache before you change the settings.

So if you like, try and clear all your cookies and cache etc from your browser, and re-submit the settings in your profile.

The third option is for me to change your email in Admin to one that doesnt exist. I think i can do that in Admin without needing a confirmation link back from the email. Cant do it with a normal account but with Admin access it seems to work. Anyway i have tried this with 'novum' to see if it works, ill get back to you on that.

Let me know if you want to do it that way and i can change the email, and we can change it back if need be at anytime.

Notifications 3936495082

Back to top Go down
http://truth-zone.net

Notifications EmptyMon 26 Mar 2012, 4:32 pm

Neutrino

Neutrino

Notifications Empty

I was thinking about it some more and I reckon I can make all notification e-mails to go direct to my junk folder and then I can just empty my junk folder. So I'll see if that works first and I'll get back to you. Notifications 3203236809
Back to top Go down

Notifications EmptyMon 26 Mar 2012, 4:35 pm

Admin
Administrator

Notifications Empty

Neutrino wrote:
I was thinking about it some more and I reckon I can make all notification e-mails to go direct to my junk folder and then I can just empty my junk folder. So I'll see if that works first and I'll get back to you. Notifications 3203236809

Notifications 3936495082
Back to top Go down
http://truth-zone.net

Notifications Empty

Sponsored content

Notifications Empty

Back to top Go down

Notifications

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum