HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Truth Zone SiteTruth Zone Site  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Clegg's drive to recruit 65,000 state nannies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
 Clegg's drive to recruit 65,000 state nannies  EmptySat 14 Apr 2012, 7:26 pm

ab origine

ab origine

Clegg's drive to recruit 65,000 state nannies  Empty
 Post Subject: Clegg's drive to recruit 65,000 state nannies

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/exclusive-cleggs-drive-to-recruit-65000-state-nannies-7645973.html

Quote :
An army of 65,000 nursery workers is to be recruited under radical government plans to prepare children as young as two for success at school.

Nick Clegg is to take charge of family policy, ordering a massive expansion in nursery places, vowing to tackle the "crippling" cost of childcare and overhauling parental leave. In a deeply personal interview with The Independent on Sunday, the father of three revealed he hoped his legacy from his time in government would be removing the barriers to social mobility, which mean bright children from poorer backgrounds are overtaken by youngsters from more affluent families by the age of six.

"Every parent wants their child to do better than they did, and every parent wants their child to fulfil their potential," he said. State intervention to teach children as young as two will form the centrepiece of his
"obsession" which will see childcare made the coalition's highest priority social policy. Next month he will make a major announcement on his "passion" for shared parental leave and for extending the rights of
flexible working.

And he pledged to take on those with the "sepia-tinted 1950s" opinion that mothers should not work, after attacks on his City lawyer wife Miriam, claiming her critics are as "weird" as homophobes. With less than three weeks until the local elections, Mr Clegg seeks to move the political agenda on from post-Budget rows, while striking a more independent tone.

But Professor Colin Rallings and Professor Michael Thrasher, in an analysis for the Political Studies Association, warn that the Liberal Democrats face another difficult set of elections on 3 May. "They could easily find themselves another 200 seats or so down and with fewer than 3,000 councillors across the country for the first time since 1986," they said. "That would represent a further blow to a party whose whole electoral strategy has been based on building up from the grass roots."

Mr Clegg admits the elections will be "tough", but thinks the Lib Dems are entering a "new phase". He refuses to give in to Lib Dems, claiming he should "poke David Cameron in the eye", admits the Government is "in a rut" after successive Budget announcements backfired, and suggests people are "starting to listen" to his message for the first time after two years of "hatred and bile".

Striking a radical new tone, he reveals he hopes his political legacy will be for children from poor backgrounds to achieve more in life, including aspiring to university. "It's the big purpose of why we are in politics in the first place," he said.

Early intervention in the lives of children is "one of the most radical things we are doing and don't shout about enough", he said.

From next year, 260,000 children from the poorest 40 per cent of families in England will receive 15 hours of free childcare during term time, in a move costing £650m. While a cross-party consensus has emerged on the issue, in Westminster at least, the policy risks reopening the debate about state involvement in raising children.

Earlier this year, a Daycare Trust survey revealed more than half of councils do not believe they will be able to meet the Government's target of providing the places for two-year-olds by 2014. Instead, Mr Clegg will pledge to recruit an extra 65,000 nursery workers from September 2013, based on the Government's current assumption of one member of staff per four children. A source said: "In Birmingham alone, it will mean 8,000
additional childcare places, creating 2,000 new jobs."

It is hoped the major expansion in the childcare workforce will also help to ease the pressure on middle-income parents. Childcare costs for under-twos is up 6 per cent year on year, with the cost of 25 hours a week totalling £5,103 on average.

Mr Clegg adds: "If you are a bright but poor kid, despite all the good intentions of the last decade or so, you are still more likely to be taken over in the classroom by a less bright but more affluent child by the age of six or seven.

"What do you do to make children school ready? So even before they hang up their coats they are ready to learn; they are ready to mix with other children; they are enthusiastic, able to be disciplined in class. That's a really big undertaking."

He claims Labour "never dared" to be so bold in tackling social mobility. However, the Rallings and Thrasher analysis, due to be published this week, suggests that Labour could be on course to make big gains in the local elections. The Tories could lose 100 seats in England's metropolitan boroughs.

This really pisses me off. "Social Mobility" MY ARSE.
Back to top Go down

Clegg's drive to recruit 65,000 state nannies  EmptySat 14 Apr 2012, 7:33 pm

ab origine

ab origine

Post Subject: Re: Clegg's drive to recruit 65,000 state nannies

Quote :
after attacks on his City lawyer wife Miriam, claiming her critics are as "weird" as homophobes

Cleggy, you tricksy little bitch. Suspect
Back to top Go down

Clegg's drive to recruit 65,000 state nannies  EmptySat 14 Apr 2012, 7:35 pm

peabrain

peabrain

So 65,000 psychopaths are getting new jobs. Clegg's drive to recruit 65,000 state nannies  1780324424
Back to top Go down

Clegg's drive to recruit 65,000 state nannies  EmptySat 14 Apr 2012, 7:37 pm

peabrain

peabrain

ab origine wrote:
Quote :
after attacks on his City lawyer wife Miriam, claiming her critics are as "weird" as homophobes

Cleggy, you tricksy little bitch. Suspect

Oh he's a bumper that one, spineless and shameless.
Back to top Go down

Clegg's drive to recruit 65,000 state nannies  EmptySat 14 Apr 2012, 7:55 pm

peabrain

peabrain

ab origine wrote:
peabrain wrote:
So 65,000 psychopaths are getting new jobs. Clegg's drive to recruit 65,000 state nannies  1780324424

But it's all good...we need the jobs. Here, take my child at two years. I'm bored of it now anyway.

Ooooh...new Ipod app!

Clegg's drive to recruit 65,000 state nannies  2306309830

god knows what the 2 year olds will be subjected to. Clegg's drive to recruit 65,000 state nannies  4200685455

brainwash and control them, the earlier the better. Clegg's drive to recruit 65,000 state nannies  2306309830
Back to top Go down

Clegg's drive to recruit 65,000 state nannies  EmptySat 14 Apr 2012, 7:58 pm

ab origine

ab origine

peabrain wrote:
ab origine wrote:
peabrain wrote:

But it's all good...we need the jobs. Here, take my child at two years. I'm bored of it now anyway.

Ooooh...new Ipod app!

Clegg's drive to recruit 65,000 state nannies  2306309830

god knows what the 2 year olds will be subjected to. Clegg's drive to recruit 65,000 state nannies  4200685455

brainwash and control them, the earlier the better. Clegg's drive to recruit 65,000 state nannies  2306309830

Sorry peabrain - I decided to delete my last I wasn't really thinking about all the poor souls who have to go back to work for various reason when I typed it. He's definitely playing the job 'creation' angle though.

Last edited by ab origine on Sun 15 Apr 2012, 6:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Clegg's drive to recruit 65,000 state nannies  EmptySat 14 Apr 2012, 8:04 pm

ab origine

ab origine

I apologise for my outbursts this morning. I'm feeling extremely volatile for some reason.

I shall retire to by boudoir in contemplation.

Night all. Clegg's drive to recruit 65,000 state nannies  3408955046
Back to top Go down

Clegg's drive to recruit 65,000 state nannies  EmptySun 15 Apr 2012, 5:29 am

psketti

psketti

ab origine wrote:
I apologise for my outbursts this morning. I'm feeling extremely volatile for some reason.

I like it when you're fiesty afro

... don't apologise for that, you've no need to Clegg's drive to recruit 65,000 state nannies  3936495082
Back to top Go down

Clegg's drive to recruit 65,000 state nannies  EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 12:33 am

Xylaria

The blair government brought this in as the sure start program. Because I lived in the right[?] postcode when my kids were little and i was looking for something that might give better job prospects i ended up vice chair on their parent policy committe.

We would turn up for meetings and get told what what they would be doing, no dicussion required, we were only needed to make it look like they were consulting not dicating. The manager of workers eductional society barely survived because she pointed out the training courses sure start were setting up to train women to do a minium wage dead end jobs [classroom assistants and nursery nurses], so they minuplated her funding until she had to close all her courses that had cheche place. WES had got women into running their own buisnesses and going uni before this. but she had stood up and made too many valid objections, used the phrase "social engineering" , so surestart nearly closed the society even though it had ran in the city for nearly a 100 years.
I repeatedly asked to see the central policy document, request refused with a whole host of excuses such as "it is too difficult read" "it is not really writen for service users" . I wasnt too worried about been patronised at this point as I found they had a policy of so many staff per head "service users" to maintain " the monitoring of child protection." A rather not bright nursery nurse told me the main part of her job was to report child protection issues of users to sure start managers, and that she had to do it every day. Needless to say I felt very spied on. They would wangle their way into parent and toddler groups, take over and then close them or turn them into spying programs. They drained resouces from things like speech therpy. If you stood up to the wrong member of staff you risked getting the SS round.

So the project contunes under the new government, same shit differant face. The sure start policy was horrific, but it served the agenda for removing children from their parents in one way of another or another nicely.

Last edited by Xylaria on Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Clegg's drive to recruit 65,000 state nannies  EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 12:41 am

Smoked

Smoked

Xylaria,

Interesting post thanks for sharing an inside perspective.
Back to top Go down

Clegg's drive to recruit 65,000 state nannies  EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 1:27 am

psketti

psketti

I've heard people with younger children complaining about these very things. It's terrible the way our duties as parents are slowly being eroded away. It's all very sad and I'm glad I don't have children who are little anymore. I despair for those who do though Clegg's drive to recruit 65,000 state nannies  2560176788
Back to top Go down

Clegg's drive to recruit 65,000 state nannies  EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 5:11 am

ab origine

ab origine

Smoked wrote:
Xylaria,

Interesting post thanks for sharing an inside perspective.

+1
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Clegg's drive to recruit 65,000 state nannies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Main Forums :: Today's News-