HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Truth Zone SiteTruth Zone Site  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Christian group to sue Boris Johnson over 'gay cure' ads

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
 Christian group to sue Boris Johnson over 'gay cure' ads  EmptyFri 13 Apr 2012, 7:50 am

ab origine

ab origine

Christian group to sue Boris Johnson over 'gay cure' ads  Empty
 Post Subject: Christian group to sue Boris Johnson over 'gay cure' ads

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/christian-group-to-sue-boris-johnson-over-gay-cure-ads-7643466.html

Quote :
The Christian group behind the recent attempt to place "gay cure" adverts on London buses have instructed lawyers to sue both the Mayor of London and the company that initially agreed to host the adverts after they were banned at the last minute, the Independent can reveal.

Aughton Ainsworth, a Manchester based law firm with a long track record of taking on controversial religious cases, have been hired by Anglican Mainstream to issue legal proceedings against both Boris
Johnson and CBS Outdoor. The adverts were meant to begin running next week and mimicked a recent campaign by the gay-rights group Stonewall which used the strapline “Some people are gay, get over it!”.

Using a similar font and colours, Christian groups had created rival adverts which read: “Not gay! Ex-gay, post-gay and proud. Get over it!”. Ex-gay and post-gay are terms used by evangelicals to refer to people who, through therapy and prayer, claim to have abandoned their homosexuality. But London Mayor Boris Johnson ordered them to be pulled at the last minute arguing that they were offensive.

"London is one of the most tolerant cities in the world and intolerant of intolerance,” he said. “It is clearly offensive to suggest being gay is an illness someone recovers from and I am not prepared to have that
suggestion driven around London on our buses."

It is believed lawyers for Anglican Mainstream are now looking at two potential legal avenues - the first is to sue for breach of contract; the second is to claim that the group’s human rights were breached under articles nine and ten of the Human Rights Act. The two articles protect freedom of conscience and freedom of expression and are qualified rights.

A TfL spokesperson said the adverts were not "consistent with TfL’s commitment to a tolerant and inclusive London."

The thing that scares me most about this article, if true and as a gay man myself, is that action was only taken to stop the 'campaign' at "the last minute".

I was a bit torn about the freedom of speech thing actually, but then I remembered the all-important "hate" element that this kind of campaign would come along with.

Interesting story, nonetheless. Should be interesting to see how the legal action goes too. There are certain fori I know would have a field day with this little gem.

Christian group to sue Boris Johnson over 'gay cure' ads  646683805
Back to top Go down

Christian group to sue Boris Johnson over 'gay cure' ads  EmptyFri 13 Apr 2012, 3:55 pm

psketti

psketti

Post Subject: Re: Christian group to sue Boris Johnson over 'gay cure' ads

You're right, it's quite alarming that it got as far as 'the last minute'.

Makes me think that it's just a matter of time before this kind of crap starts to really kick in. Not good.
Back to top Go down

Christian group to sue Boris Johnson over 'gay cure' ads  EmptyFri 13 Apr 2012, 3:59 pm

ab origine

ab origine

nettles wrote:
You're right, it's quite alarming that it got as far as 'the last minute'.

Makes me think that it's just a matter of time before this kind of crap starts to really kick in. Not good.

I think you're right nettles. We just need something big to kick in the racial tension, then will come the 'immigrant' stuff, then the gays then whatever else they can pick at...

Sorry - feeling a bit blue tonight.

Here's to hoping we're both wrong.

EDIT: Thanks for taking the time to read and comment, by the by. Christian group to sue Boris Johnson over 'gay cure' ads  4078481694
Back to top Go down

Christian group to sue Boris Johnson over 'gay cure' ads  EmptyFri 13 Apr 2012, 4:04 pm

psketti

psketti

ab origine wrote:

Have some of these Christian group to sue Boris Johnson over 'gay cure' ads  1625926864 and one of these Christian group to sue Boris Johnson over 'gay cure' ads  1199265026 (yes just the one, I'm not a fucking machine) Christian group to sue Boris Johnson over 'gay cure' ads  1583663210

Quote :
EDIT: Thanks for taking the time to read and comment, by the by. Christian group to sue Boris Johnson over 'gay cure' ads  4078481694

You're very welcome Christian group to sue Boris Johnson over 'gay cure' ads  3203236809
Back to top Go down

Christian group to sue Boris Johnson over 'gay cure' ads  EmptyFri 13 Apr 2012, 4:07 pm

ab origine

ab origine

nettles wrote:
ab origine wrote:

Have some of these Christian group to sue Boris Johnson over 'gay cure' ads  1625926864 and one of these Christian group to sue Boris Johnson over 'gay cure' ads  1199265026 (yes just the one, I'm not a fucking machine) Christian group to sue Boris Johnson over 'gay cure' ads  1583663210

Quote :

You're very welcome Christian group to sue Boris Johnson over 'gay cure' ads  3203236809

Embarassed Christian group to sue Boris Johnson over 'gay cure' ads  2047743614

Thank you nettles.
Back to top Go down

Christian group to sue Boris Johnson over 'gay cure' ads  EmptyFri 13 Apr 2012, 4:20 pm

batou

batou

stupid churchies. they cant stop teh gay, it will spread forever hahahahah
Back to top Go down

Christian group to sue Boris Johnson over 'gay cure' ads  EmptyFri 13 Apr 2012, 4:33 pm

psketti

psketti

Ditto that Christian group to sue Boris Johnson over 'gay cure' ads  1680093717
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Christian group to sue Boris Johnson over 'gay cure' ads