HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Truth Zone SiteTruth Zone Site  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Volcanoes 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
 Volcanoes 2012 EmptySun 08 Apr 2012, 2:09 pm

Volcanoes 2012 Empty
 Post Subject: Volcanoes 2012

As most of you know, volcanoes, EQ's(earthquakes) and extreme weather are favourite subjects of mine. If I had been born stateside I would most probably have been a storm chaser!

I do not claim to be an expert on any of the subject matters, I just have a huge interest and thirst for them.

I have started this thread here in todays news as at the moment we don't have a specific forum, and most of the posts here by us will be of current volcanic activity. Maybe Admin we could have a thread called Earth Matters? Because the earth DOES matter. Then we could have specific threads on say each of the above, plus such things as solar flares/cme's, moon cycles, etc.

So to kick us off I would like to start with a factual and educational debunk of those disaster movies and doomers who think you can control volcanoes or use them as some sort of WoMD's!

Volcanoes 2012 230677302 Jane

Last edited by angelchemuel on Sun 08 Apr 2012, 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : keyboard!)
Back to top Go down

Volcanoes 2012 EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 12:44 pm

Volcanoes 2012 Empty
 Post Subject: Re: Volcanoes 2012

Red alert issued for region near Colombia’s Nevado del Ruiz volcano

Posted on April 9, 2012 by The Extinction Protocol

Volcanoes 2012 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ55OhlisSQqLcsQivwP4889xi9DHAV75KsGDV0f_fazonzxxjVApril 9, 2012 BOGOTA - Colombia on Sunday issued a warning for areas crossed by rivers that pass through the Nevado del Ruiz volcano area, amid heavy rains and concern that an eruption could be in the works. Authorities issued a ‘red alert’ for rivers near the volcano in Caldas and Tolima departments ‘due to the change in the eruption threat and to heavy rains in the area,’ the national weather and environmental institute (IDEAM) said. The volcano has been rumbling at a greater rate in recent days; its alert level was boosted on March 31. On Saturday, the volcano’s activity was still unstable and it was emitting more gases, the National Geological Service said. –Strait News

Back to top Go down

Volcanoes 2012 EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 1:06 pm

Volcanoes 2012 Empty

Krakatoa erupted again on Saturday, only this time a new crater has opened on the SW face. The bulging indicates magma rising.

Back to top Go down

Volcanoes 2012 EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 7:48 pm

daavid1
Rookie

Volcanoes 2012 Empty

angelchemuel wrote:

Krakatoa erupted again on Saturday, only this time a new crater has opened on the SW face. The bulging indicates magma rising.

Can I use that in bold Jane Laughing
Back to top Go down

Volcanoes 2012 EmptyTue 10 Apr 2012, 5:07 am

Volcanoes 2012 Empty

Increase in activity reported at Ecuador’s Tungurahua volcano

Posted on April 9, 2012 by The Extinction Protocol

Volcanoes 2012 Ecuador-volcantungurahuaApril 9, 2012 ECUADOR - A new increase in the seismic activity of Tungurahua Volcano, in Ecuador, began early Monday with a constant sign of high energy tremor linked with ash emissions. According to the report of the Geophysics Institute of the National Polytechnic School, the increase of the seismic activity in this crater started with a column of smoke that reached 3 kilometers high along with low intensity roaring and sounds. The first explosions caused minor thunders or crashes due to the rolling of blocks through the side walls of the volcano. Shortly after, the falling of black and fine ashes on populations in the south-southwest regions, such as Palitahua, Capil, and Toctes, was reported. According to the last report, the area surrounding the volcano remains highly cloudy, and with seismic activity. –Prensa Latina

Back to top Go down

Volcanoes 2012 Empty

Sponsored content

Volcanoes 2012 Empty

Back to top Go down

Volcanoes 2012

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1